Last weekend we celebrated the 2013-14 season with our banquet at Milton High School. Looking back, we were blessed to enjoy many great individual and team accomplishments. Here were some highlights.
-Georgia State Playoff Qualifier
-Defeated #1 ranked team from Tennessee, breaking Christ Presbyterian School’s 39 game winning streak
-Defeated #1, undefeated team from Germany, Urspring High School.
Defeated #1 ranked team in state of Georgia, Wheeler.
Defeated undefeated (14-0) Walton in January.
-Defeated backyard arch-rival Roswell 3 times.
Finished Runner up at the Arby’s National Showcase Classic in Bristol, TN.
-Finished the season ranked #5 in State of Georgia 6A.
-Restored the reputation of Milton basketball on a state and national level.
1. -Mo Lewis: elected team MVP by his teammates; named to All-reguon first team; named all-Metro Atlanta; Led team in scoring, rebounding and 3-point field goal percentage (42 3%).
2. -Chris Lewis: selected as the winner of “The Milton Way” Award by hisbteammates for character, academics, talent, effort, and being a great teammate.
3. -Josh Burrow: selected Most Improved Player by his teammates.
4. -DaQuain Watts: Dunk of the season with a two-hand stick back in traffic over two defenders against Yates, Texas at City of Palms Classic.
5. Jordan Burrow: Atlanta Journal Constitution Player of the week for 19 point 9 assist, 8 steal game in a victory over Etowah in December.
6. Shawn O’Connell: 18.7ppg & 14.9 rpg in 3 games vs arch-rival Roswell.
1. Mo Lewis: signed full basketball scholarship to the United States Naval Academy.
2. Shawn O’Connell: signed a full basketball scholarship to play at Georgia Southern University.
It was a fantastic year for Milton Basketball. Our four seniors will be missed but they have left a myriad of great memories and laid the foundation for the program to continue its tradition of excellence by establishing what we now call “The Milton Way.”